Monday, May 16, 2011

Weekly Reflection

    As the week went on, working at Ragged Mountain Physical Therapy got better and better. I got more comfortable with working with patients, and there are even things that I can do by myself. At the beginning of the week, I was simply observing and trying to understand the injuries that were coming into the office. Now I am an active member of the appointment, and understand why the exercises or massage or ultrasound is being done, because I somewhat understand what is going on with the injury.
    There are not that many appointments in the morning while I am there. Because Proctor kids are such a big part of the Andover community, they are also a huge part of Diane’s business. The Proctor kids of course all come in the afternoon during sports times, when I am not there, which is dissapointing because I think I would be able to work with them more then I am able to work with the older patients.
    As for my studying, I have a quiz on the knee this week. The parts are really hard to memorize, because there are so many parts and some do not have real reasoning as to why they are named that, so I have been simply re-writing the names, but I need to do alot more before my quiz.
    As my project continues, I look forward to been more involved with appointments and gaining a better understanding of the injuries that are coming in. In the next coming week, I need to focus more on the business itself, and learn more about how Diane deals with the insurance companies. I am unable to do any work with the paper work, but understanding of what Diane does is something I want to do. I have read a few people’s files, and I am working on understanding the abbreviations and what the doctors are talking about. The O.R. reports seem like a different language when I read them but Diane is working with me to better understand what they do during the surgeries, and I want to continue to learn more about common surgeries.

No comments:

Post a Comment