Sunday, May 22, 2011

Week 2 Reflection

This week brought on a lot of the same events, and also some new ones. We continued to see a lot of the same patients, because they come in a few times a week, and it is interesting to see how they progress and see how physical therapy can really effect people’s bodies. It is interesting to see that some patients have been coming in for years because of things like Parkinson’s, and that it is a crucial part of their lives. A lot of patients rely on the relief of pain that they get from physical therapy to get them through the week. When you hear patients telling Diane that she is a god to them once they leave, it shows you how much what she does can really help people out, and I am lucky to witness that and do my best to help Diane with anything that I can.
    I had my quiz on the knee this week, as that was one of the joints that I wanted to learn about like I stated in my proposal, and I got 100%. Looking back at my proposal, I had said that I wanted to learn 3 joints, but because of time, I will only be doing two. Now I have moved onto the shoulder, which I am excited about learning about because I have seen so many shoulder injuries come in, and it is always nice to know what we are working on in particular.
    Understanding how Diane deals with insurance is interesting. It is interesting, because there is a patient on Medicare that is waiting to see what the bill will be because his therapy is not crucial and will probably not continue therapy if the cost of the appointments is too much.
    In my last week, I hope to continue working with patients as much as I have been lately; being an active member of appointments helping stretch, ultrasound, electirical stimmulation, do exercises, and clean tables after appointments and learn more about the business as a whole. Electrical stimmulation is when an electric current is used to contract a muscle or group of muscles. Going through a normal day I learn a lot about it just by observation, but I am sure there is alot more that I could possibly learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment