Thursday, May 19, 2011

May 19, 2011
Worked: 8-12:30, 1:30-2:45

Today started with my quiz on the knee. I got a 100%! So now I have to move onto studying the shoulder which has alot more parts.
This morning was full of patients. There were back injuries, knee injuries, carpal tunnel, and the hip replacement. Having this many appointments made it possible for me to do more with patients. I did ultrasound 3 times and observed a couple patients with their exercises. However, at the end of her exercises, we were working on the total gym and her knee started to creak quite loudly. Today was the first knee injury that I saw, which was nice because I was able to relate to her and I also understood the exercises that she was doing. The only appointment that I really cannot help with it is the patient that has fluid in his lungs, and because of his cancer treatments, he cannot have ultrasound or stim. Diane only can massage the liquid to both the heart and the lymph system. I came back in the afternoon to get my hours in for the week, because Diane will be at a funeral tomorrow. Because of this funeral her father stopped by, and for a while the office was packed! The man that is getting his leg amputated from the knee down because of blood clots was in and he is doing well but I am suprised at how positive he is, becuase I know if I were in his situation I would be extremely negative and probably depressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment