Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Fifteen Minutes of Fame

May 17, 2011
Worked 9:00-12:30

My day started off with a visit from Sam Johnson. Since he was able to go a visit without complaining, it was only fair that I did the interview with him. I was nervous because I do not like to be on camera, but I think that I did alright. After the interview he shot me doing things like cleaning the stretching tables, taking off stim things, and putting towels away. Let's just hope that now that he has gotten what he wanted, he will continue to go through appointments without attitude.
The patients today were some new patients and some older ones. The patient with carpal tunnel is continuing to have swelling, after she is off medication for the pain. The new patient we saw today was one with parkinsons disease. His weaker side is his left. Mainly what he works on is strength and balance. Walking up stairs used to be very hard, but seem to be getting easier.The exercises that he works on are doing step ups both on the side and forward, walking on his heels and toes, and walking over cones with a side step.  It is also very hard for him to stand up straight, so he gets neck pain as well.
My quiz on the knee is this Thursday. I have the majority of the parts down. I always forget the popliteus tendon and the Gerdy's tubercle, because they have such funny names. I have one more day of studying left!

No comments:

Post a Comment