Friday, May 13, 2011

May 13, 2011
Worked: 9:00-12:30

This morning started out with a patient stumping me with a question i had never heard before, but he expected me to know because I go to Proctor. Which one is correct? 9 and 3 are 13, or 9 and 3 is 13? ( I will tell the answer in the next blog) I answered incorrectly...
After a Jakes run for breakfast, Sam Johnson came in. Sam has a tendency to complain at P.T. when he comes in for his appointments and has also been asking me non-stop to do an interview on camera for his senior project. When thinking about these two things, we decided to make an agreement. If Sam could go an entire appointment without complaining, sarcasm, or attitude, I would do the interview for him. Needless to say this was very difficult for Sam, especially when he was outnumbered by women 5 to 1 and they were talking about the not very positive qualities of men. In the end, he got his exercises done quicker then ever before, and stayed silent the entire time to avoid slipping up.
I am able to do more things with patients now, like stretching, giving ultrasounds, and stim, and the day keeps getting busier and more interesting.
The day ended with a trip to R.P. Johnsons to look at screen doors. Diane needs one so that we can get fresh air without all of the annoying black flies.

No comments:

Post a Comment